· Participate in the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of graduate and paraprofessional staff in community.
· Interact with students on a regular basis, providing information and assistance concerning academic issues, peer conflicts, personal problems, etc.
· Collaborate with the Departmental Initiatives Team and academic colleges to ensure that residents' academic needs are being met.
· Provide resources and support to the Resident Assistants for activities, educational opportunities and programs in the community.
· Serves as a conduct administrator and adjudicates student conduct cases that occur within on-campus housing.
· Opportunity to advise and train the community governing boards; attend weekly meetings and sponsored activities.
· Opportunity to assist with management of CAT communities, living learning communities in the residence halls.
· Compile various reports, maintain records, and oversee check-ins, checkouts and room changes
· Manage Community Coordinator program account and community social and educational funds.
· Perform summer duties including those for summer school and special projects.
· Prepare for break housing and coordinate building openings, closings and transitions.
· Maintain key inventory, including ordering replacement keys and issuing and receiving keys.
· Assists in the oversight of maintenance within communities in cooperation with Facilities.
· Participates in the departmental 24/7 on-call duty and emergency response system for on campus community.
· Serve on departmental and university committees, task forces and other opportunities.
· Opportunity to teach a leadership workshop that prepares students for the Resident Assistant position.
· Attend department sponsored professional development sessions
· Maintain positive relationships with university, community, campus leadership, students, faculty, staff, parents and guests.