Program Assistant (Ottawa, Kansas)
Department: 3670055070 Extension Nutrition Program
Job no: 500872
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Family & Consumer Sciences
|General Description of Position:
||K-State Research and Extension's Family Nutrition Program is seeking a Program Assistant for Frontier Extension District. This position is located in Ottawa, Kansas.
||The Family Nutrition Program (FNP) is a statewide nutrition education program that is funded through the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP-ED) and administered by Kansas State University through the College of Human Ecology Research and Extension. The successful candidate for the Program Assistant position will:
- Deliver nutrition education to SNAP eligible clients.
- Participate in local coalitions/collaborations that would benefit the education of limited resource clients.
- Report to Frontier Extension District Family & Consumer Sciences Agent.
- Prepare FNP reports and records for submission to state FNP Office.
- Attend FNP and other training as needed to enhance professional skills in reaching this audience.
- Serve as a public relations representative for the program and K-State Research and Extension in Frontier Extension District.
- This position is offered with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding and need for services.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||B.S. in Nutrition, Family & Consumer Sciences, Education, or closely related field; knowledge about low income audience; people skills; demonstrated leadership skills in delivery of educational programs; organizational skills, willingness to work with others; and knowledge of subject matter material.
||Experience providing nutrition education to limited resource families and youth; familiarity with K-State Research and Extension familiarity with the KSRE health initiative, and the Family Nutrition Program.
||The candidate must have own transportation for in-state travel.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please complete application.
For additional information, contact frontierdistrict.ksu.edu or call 785-448-6826
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applicants will begin April 10, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 15.00 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend