Instructor / Math Coach
Department: 3670040040 Curriculum and Instruction
Job no: 500895
Work type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Categories: Education/Instructional, Mathematics
|General Description of Position:
||The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Kansas State University invites applications for a Mathematics Coach.
The purpose of this position is to (1) assist in the development and delivery of intensive professional development in the area of mathematics content and pedagogy during a two week summer academy (Project Achieve) and during in-service workshops during the school year for K-8 teachers; (2) provide K-8 teacher participants ongoing feedback throughout the school year on action plans that are created during the summer academy; (3) collect observation data and classroom assessment data while in the classroom; (4) meet with district and building administrators as well as district level instructional coaches regarding progress toward meeting project goals.
|Information about the Department:
||Curriculum and Instruction - http://coe.k-state.edu/edci/index.html
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
- Collaboratively assist the Project Director in the planning (including teacher recruitment), development, and delivery of the summer academy and follow-up in-service workshops during the school year.
- Plan and provide direct support to grade level teams with math instruction, resources, interventions, and data driven decision-makinCollect and analyze data related to summer academy and follow-up activities during the 9-month school year related to teacher learning
- Collect and analyze classroom observation data and classroom assessment data related to project goals and the impact on student learning
- Disseminate information by sharing and conferences and/or by writing articles to be published in journals
- Meet with building and/or district administrators and district level instructional coaches
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. Masters Degree
2. Five Years successful teaching experience in US k-12 schools
3. Experience developing and delivering professional Development
4. Demonstrate commitment to diversity
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Experience with observation in classroom teaching and providing feedback
| Preferred Qualification:
1. Demonstrate ability to collaborate with colleagues
2. Participated in research that meaningfully
3. Experience presenting at conference
4. Experience writing articles for professional journal
5. Membership in appropriate professional organization
| Special instruction
Screening will begin April 17, 2017, and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must submit an application package consisting of 1) a letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications, 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts, (must have official transcripts if invited for interview), 4) three names of recommendation.
| Screening of Applications begin:
||April 17, 2017
| Salary Range/Pay Rate:
||$37,500 - $42,000
| Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
| Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your applications for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend