Research Compliance Specialist (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 500906
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Biology/Life Sciences, Veterinary Medicine
|General Description of Position:
||The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory with the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applications for a Research Compliance Specialist. This position is expected to assist in the oversight of the quality system necessary to ensure that information generated by the laboratory is in compliance with regulatory standards, primarily the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) but also with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI), and GXP. Travel is required with labs currently located in both Olathe and Manhattan.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
||Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with implementing and maintaining the KSVDL quality assurance/quality control program
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of the quality system
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations
- Assists with training sessions for new personnel and new procedures
- Assists with internal audits, preparing and investigating corrective and preventive actions
- Assists with the implementation and upkeep of new electronic compliance software
- Assists laboratory personnel with writing procedures and protocols
- Assists with compiling data for monthly and annual reports
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||- Bachelor of Science or equivalent/comparable science degree
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
||- Computer skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs and database programs
- Previous experience as a laboratory technician in an accredited lab or a regulated environment
- Prior auditing experience
- Prior quality management experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||To apply, please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend