Department: 3670008010 Human Capital Services
Job no: 501107
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business/Accounting/Finance, Office/Clerical
|General Description of Position:
||The Accountant II position will assist with on-cycle and off-cycle university payroll processing, to ensure timely remittances to third party payees and to identify and resolve discrepancies between K-State Financial Information System (FIS), Statewide Management, Accounting and Reporting Tool (SMART), and K-State Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Maintains working knowledge of institutional, state, and federal policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and laws and regulations. Collects and records financial data; verifies and reports data to university and state offices as well as other associated companies. This position reports to the Payroll Manager in Human Capital Services.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
||- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of payroll fund balancing. Balances and reconciles all agency payrolls by reviewing the (SMART) payroll data with the KSU accounting system (FIS) within specified deadlines. Ensures accurate and timely distribution of payroll records.
- Assists with coordinating, balancing and reconciling the submission of on-cycle payrolls to the Kansas Department of Administration. Coordinates the balancing of Pay Detail file by fund and index with the state accounting system prior to submission for printing of paychecks and updating of the state accounting system.
- Responsible for the remittances for Mandatory Board of Regents Retirement and Voluntary Tax Sheltered Annuity (VTSA) for State of Kansas and Local Agency employees. Determines parameters for Human Resource Information System (HRIS) reports, requests runs, compiles data, analyzes adjustments and no providers, and reconciles and balances the reports. Prepares vouchers and coordinates faxes and distribution of checks and remittance lists to third party payees by established deadlines. Oversees the maintenance of the third party contact listing and makes changes to procedural documentation as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating, balancing and reconciling the submission of supplemental payrolls to the Kansas Department of Administration. Balances the Pay Detail file by fund and index with the state accounting system prior to submission for printing of paychecks and updating of the state accounting system.
- Responsible for travel and moving reimbursements. Coordinates the calculation and submission of reimbursements to Financial Services (Accounts Payable Division). Communicates with department HCS liaison regarding details of submission so that the employee can be kept informed of the status of their reimbursement. Works closely with the K-State Foundation on receiving of funds and accurate documentation supporting travel and moving requests. Works with department HCS liaison to confirm that the DA22 Form has been completed and signed by appropriate department head and is included with the transaction required by FIS.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||This position requires a High School diploma (or work equivalent) and a minimum of two years of accounting/auditing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with specialization in accounting or closely related area
- Three years of professional experience in accounting or auditing
- Strong computer skills with World Wide Web and HTML, Windows, Excel, and Word;
- Ability to work in a client server and mainframe computer environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations and laws, and knowledge of the Board of Regent's and Kansas State University payroll systems are helpful.
- Customer service oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- At least 3 years' experience in accounting including some program management to include at least one year of experience in complex payroll environment.
- Strong computer background.
- Ability to meet frequent demanding deadlines and to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit a resume and contact information for three professional references
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend