Instructor - Ag Communications and Journalism
Department: 3670010055 Communication and Ag Education
Job no: 501141
Work type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Categories: Agriculture, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Education/Instructional
|General Description of Position:
||The Department of Communications and Agricultural Education is seeking a 9-month Instructor. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and teaching undergraduate courses in communications education as part of the agricultural communications and journalism curriculum.
|Information about the Department
||The department houses academic programs in agricultural communications and journalism, and agricultural education. Other departmental units provide communications services and expertise to the College of Agriculture and K- State Research and Extension and is home to the university in-plant printing operation. The Department is one of eight academic departments in the College of Agriculture. Kansas State University is a land-grant institution with approximately 23,000 students on campus. Manhattan is located in the scenic Flint Hills area of Kansas. For more information about the University and Department, visit (http://www.k-state.edu) and http://www.communications.ksu.edu/.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
|The Successful Candidate will:
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in communications as part of the agricultural communications and journalism curriculum.
- Coordinate student recruitment and advise undergraduate students majoring in agricultural communications and journalism.
- Assist in implementation of new courses and introduce new technology into the program's curriculum.
- Plan and oversee student field trips and accompany students to regional and national conferences/meetings.
- Advise program related student organization(s).
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Candidates must possess a master's degree in agricultural communications or a closely related field.
- Minimum of one-year experience teaching undergraduate courses in the communications field at an institution of higher education.
- Strong commitment to expanding and fostering diversity in the department is required.
- Preference will be given to individuals with professional or teaching experience in agricultural or environmental communications and professional communications experience in food, agricultural, environmental, or related fields.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested candidates should submit the following documents via the online application:
- A letter of application describing how their qualifications meet the position requirements
- Teaching philosophy and concepts related to teaching
- Copies of transcripts
- Names, complete addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at three recent job-related references
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||May 5, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$45,000-55,000 annually (9-month)
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend