Professor of Practice (Hospitality Management)
Department: 3670055030 Hospitality Management
Job no: 501259
Work type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Categories: Dining/Hospitality, Education/Instructional
|General Description of Position:
||Kansas State University is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month Professor of Practice position on a regular appointment in the Department of Hospitality Management. Successful candidates will be responsible for implementing and coordinating the expansion of the hospitality management program into the Kansas City market; teaching hospitality management courses; fostering the growth of the program; and establishing strong ties with the hospitality industry in the region. Additional responsibilities include student recruitment, enrollment management, advising, and professional development
- Coordinating the Olathe expansion of the hospitality program in concert with Department of Hospitality Management leadership
- Teaching hospitality courses
- Participating in program development
- Promoting and recruiting students
- Mentoring and advising students in hospitality management
- Establishing effective relations with the hospitality industry
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Earned MS or MBA in hospitality related field from an accredited college or university
- 10 + years of work experience in hospitality industry with progressive management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Background in lodging management
- Evidence of effective teaching or employee development
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Applicants should submit the following materials:
Required: (1) letter of application, (2) resume/curriculum vitae, (3) contact information for three current references
Optional: (4) statement of teaching philosophy, and (5) evidence of excellence in teaching or employee development.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Review of applications will begin August 15, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend