|General Description of Position:
||As an employee in the Administration & Finance unit this position plays an integral role in the financial management of credit and noncredit programs. The position provides financial management, reconciliation and reporting for Conference and Noncredit Program accounts. This position also processes transfers related to designated distance programs. The work in this position is complex and requires interpreting and applying university and state policies and guidelines. This position requires daily interactions with staff from other units within K-State Global Campus and the university as well as occasional interaction with vendors. This position is expected to work with little supervision and communicate regularly with his/her supervisor. The individual in this position must be able to solve issues and prioritize responsibilities. Work is performed using considerable independent judgment in interpreting and applying established accounting procedures and regulations. This position reports to the K-State Global Campus Director of Administration and Finance.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Financial Management (CNCP)
- Provide information and advisement to the Conferences and Noncredit Programs (CNCP) unit to insure appropriate remittance to vendors for a large volume of invoices.
- Review all CNCP invoices for accurate coding with K-State Global Campus internal account numbers and ensure that additional internal paperwork is attached if necessary.
- Assign object codes and FIS account numbers, prepare appropriate documents using Eforms and submit documents to Financial Services Accounting office for processing of APVs, IFVs, etc. Post charges to the K-State Global Campus MIP accounting system.
- Serve as back up for processing K-State Global Campus travel documents.
- Compile and allocate monthly duplicating and postage charges from log records to individual internal accounts.
- Initiate internal transactions for coordination fees, registration service fees and other miscellaneous expenses for each non-credit program according to contractual agreements and post charges in the K-State Global Campus MIP accounting system.
- Analyze data using a variety of financial records in order to detect errors and discrepancies, initiate correction paperwork when posting errors are discovered during account reconciliation or upon request from the program coordinators and post these corrections into the K-State Global Campus MIP accounting system.
- Monitor corrections to ensure the appropriate updates are reflected in financial reports.
- Monitor the assignment of all conference internal account numbers and maintain administrative checklists to ensure routine completion.
- Calculate rental fees for use of CNCP property (laptops, projectors and poster boards), and invoice accordingly.
Reconciliation and Reporting
- Compile financial data and analyzes reports to assist with development of the annual CNCP budget.
- Review and analyze monthly non-credit master account data and reports positive and negative balances.
- Monitor budgets by reviewing monthly budget and transaction reports and note positive and negative balances for program coordinators upon distribution of reports.
- Reconcile internal conference working accounts upon request from the program coordinators and receipt of individual conference accounts payable file.
- Prepare preliminary financial reports using Excel spreadsheets for program coordinator to review with sponsors.
- Prepare final financial reports using Excel spreadsheets for each non-credit program (over 120 annually) upon approval by sponsor and/or when final invoices have been paid.
- Initiate internal account closures upon completion of final financial reports.
- Maintain record retention in accordance with University and State audit requirements.
- Compile course and student information from EIS and KSIS to properly calculate department transfers for the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA) program within the colleges of Architecture, Agriculture and Human Ecology each semester. Includes analyzing course enrollments and ensuring the GPIDEA Excel spreadsheets calculate the transfers correctly.
- Compile course and student information for the PFP PhD and PFP Certificate programs to ensure departments are properly reimbursed for their financial arrangement with K-State Global Campus each semester. This includes analyzing course enrollments and accurately entering the information into the PFP PhD and PFP Certificate program Excel spreadsheets.
|Information about the department:
||The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University’s intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. K-State Global Campus is the fourth campus of Kansas State University and is located in Manhattan, Kansas.For more information about K-State Global Campus go to http://global.k-state.edu/about/. Kansas State University is a land grant college established in 1863. For more information about K-State go to http://www.k-state.edu/about/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_epobzfQDo. For more information about Manhattan, Kansas and the surrounding area go to http://www.manhattancvb.org/.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or work equivalent
- One year of accounting/auditing experience
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Office (to include Word, Access, Excel, Adobe, E-mail and electronic calendar or comparable software
- Two or four year college degree
- Experience in professional office work including accounting/finance knowledge, business writing, database management, record keeping, reconciling financial records and working as a team member
- Ability to determine and meet deadlines
- Excellent accounting, mathematical and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and administrative tasks successfully
- Proven record of being a self-starter who can handle work with little supervision and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Ability to analyze, make recommendations for improvements and implement policies and procedures
- University or academic experience with knowledge of Kansas State University
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Applicants will need to upload a cover letter addressing qualifications and skills related to the position, a resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history and three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and email address. Questions about the application process can be directed to the K-State Global Campus Dean’s Office at 785-532-5644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment****
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by May 26, 2017.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
*The typical hiring range for this position is $14.21-17.76/hour.
The Kansas State University benefit package includes a retirement plan; group medical, dental and life insurance plans, worker’s compensation, vacation leave, sick leave and other benefits.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.