Department: 3670025012 Business Adminstration Ins Sp
Job no: 501370
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Student Affairs/Services, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
|General Description of Position:
The College of Business Administration at Kansas State University is seeking a full-time Recruiting Coordinator. The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective recruitment strategy for all undergraduate programs and the coordination of the college’s Student Ambassador program. The Recruitment Coordinator also works very closely with the college’s departments and reports to the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Services.
|Preferred Start Date:
August 15, 2017
|Information about the Department:
The College of Business Administration is one of nine colleges on the main campus, with an enrollment of approximately 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students. The undergraduate program is offering seven majors and four certificate programs. The college has approximately 110 faculty and staff members. The college is accredited by AACSB at the bachelors and masters level in both business administration and accounting.
The college’s Student Success Center provides a one-stop resource for student support from start to finish. The Center houses professional academic advisors, career development staff and student advising assistants who provide individualized, integrated, and comprehensive guidance and training aimed at ensuring students success and career readiness. The Recruitment Coordinator is an integral part of this team.
For more information about the college, please visit our Website at: http://www.cba.ksu.edu.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
- Develop and implement an effective recruitment strategy in collaboration with college departments.
- Represent the college at both on and off-campus recruiting events in a professional manner, with timely follow-up activities.
- Coordinate recruiting activities with the University’s Office of Admissions.
- Conduct prospective student visits on daily basis year round.
- Build and maintain relationships with high school educators and counselors to benefit the recruitment process.
- Coordinate recruitment practices with the Assistant Dean for Diversity to assure best practices are used in recruiting students from a broad range of diverse backgrounds.
- Select, train and coordinate the Student Ambassador program for recruitment and peer mentoring activities.
- Supervise graduate student assisting with the Student Ambassador program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining recruitment materials and managing key social media avenues for effective outreach to prospective students.
- Assist with freshman and transfer student orientation and enrollment.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven ability to develop interpersonal relationships with customers/clients
- Evidence of working with diverse populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups
- Working knowledge of Office software, especially Excel
- Must be available to work evenings and some weekends
- Valid driver's license required
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel or Business
- Alum of Kansas State University
- Experience working with high school students and/or college students
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating college recruitment programs
- Ability to create and manage databases
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Letter of application describing how you meet the required (and preferred as applicable) qualifications
- Three work-related references
- Unofficial transcript(s) - Official transcript(s) will be required before hiring
|Screening of Applications Begins:
June 26, 2017
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$36,674 – $56,845
This position is benefits eligible! For more information, please review our Benefits Summary, Total Rewards or visit:http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
|Contact for more information:
Ms. Bente Janda
Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Services
Student Success Center
1001 Business Building
College of Business
Kansas State University
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend