Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 501736
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Categories: Custodial, Customer Service
|General Description of Position:
||Come work with us! Join our dynamic team as a custodial specialist in a large residence hall dining center. This position maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of a large dining facility. The position is responsible for completing cleaning tasks and training others in the execution of cleaning and ware-washing. Hours are 11:30 am-8:30 pm and include rotating week-ends.
|Information about the Department:
Housing and Dining Services is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 6,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe and engaging accommodations for our residents, while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
Our award-winning dining program offers students various meal and menu options in three on-campus dining centers. See what our employees have to say about being part of our dining family.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
Be part of the excitement of serving student residents and guests as a member of our dining services team. Custodial Specialist duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs scheduled cleaning duties to include, but not limited to: food preparation areas, serving lines, dining rooms, hallways, stairwells, restrooms, entrances and exits, storeroom, vegetable preparation area, and docks. This includes sweeping, wet mopping, waxing, and buffing floors; removing snow and ice from entrances; emptying trash; general dusting and cleaning. Routinely applies approved chemical cleaners to clean and disinfect designated areas according to established standards. Maintains orderly, clean work areas and dry floors by mopping up water and quickly cleaning up spilled materials. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes a harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community.
- Trains and directs student employees in the execution of cleaning tasks and ware washing. Maintains security of the dining center by following established guidelines for securing the facility. Instructs unauthorized persons to leave the building and check to see that nothing is removed from the building without authorization.
- Directs student employees in the care and maintenance of ware washing equipment. Operates and cleans equipment in ware washing area and dish return belts by following established procedures. Reports equipment malfunctions or needed repairs to supervisors.
- Cleans and sanitizes tableware, trays, utensils, pots, pans, and equipment used in meal preparation and service to ensure that safe food is served by using appropriate cleaning products, standards and formulas as outlined in departmental procedures. Performs other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to assisting with storekeeping and inventory functions as required.
- One year of custodial experience and knowledge of large scale food operations including sanitation procedures, equipment and methods used in custodial work.
- Prefer knowledge of food and sanitation regulations/HACCP.
- Prefer effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to demonstrate and train others in proper cleaning and sanitation procedures and operation of equipment, tools, and other materials used in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of a large dining facility.
- Prefer trustworthiness and dependability at a level to ensure the security of building.
|Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions:
||Work requires moderate physical exertion to transport heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) daily. Work is generally performed by spending a large portion of work shift standing and walking.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$10.68 per hour and eligible for $.40 per hour shift differential
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend