This position will work in a large campus setting, to perform maintenance of all types on building equipment, including but not limited to:
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning: Change filters, grease motors and bearings, change belts, adjust tension and alignment of belts, change single pulleys, clean dirt and debris from inside of equipment, and clean drip pans.
- Exhaust Systems (restrooms, tunnel, fume hood, building): Grease motors and bearing, change belts, adjust tension and alignment of belts, change simple bearings, and clean dirt and debris from equipment.
- Light Plumbing: Service heating/cooling water pumps, sump pumps, water coolers, and condensate pumps by greasing motors and pumps. Change belts, adjust tension and alignment of belts, and change simple bearing.
- Pneumatic Air Equipment: Grease motors, change compressor oil, change belts, adjust tension and alignment of belts, change simple bearings, clean and drain water from tank and service building air dryers.
- Building Lighting Systems: Change florescent lighting tubes and electrical connectors. Change ballasts, exit lights, emergency lights, spotlights, can lights, incandescent lights, mercury vapor lights, high-pressure sodium lights, and 480-volt relay switches. Replace outlets, light switches, photo-eyes read wiring diagrams to install to manufactures' specifications, and clean light diffusers.
- Campus Exterior Lighting Systems: Change florescent lighting tubes and electrical connectors. Change ballasts, emergency response lights, spotlights, can lights, incandescent lights, mercury vapor lights, high-pressure sodium lights, and clean or replace light diffusers.
- Light Carpentry Work: Make simple repairs to building casework, window blinds, lecture hall furnishings, floor tile replacement, ceiling tile replacement, adjust and oil door hardware, and report deficient building conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Bathroom Equipment and Replacement: Check campus restrooms for stool lid replacement and tightness, and make simple adjustments to restroom hardware. Cleaning: Inspect and clean roof gutters and down spouts, air-diffusers in rooms and hallways, building equipment rooms, and report to immediate supervisor the presence of discarded equipment left by other shops.
- Building Interaction: This position will personally interact with building representatives in the manner necessary to exchange information essential for addressing building concerns that should be taken care of while they are in the representative's building servicing equipment.