|General Description of Position:
||This position is part of a cleaning team that provides services to K-State residence halls. The team ensures that facilities are clean, sanitized, tidy, and appealing for our student residents and guests. During certain times of the year, the team is responsible for providing hotel type services for conference guests and for deep cleaning Housing and Dining Services facilities. Regular work hours are 7:30AM - 4:00PM, Monday-Friday.
|Information about the Department:
||More than 5,000 students call our campus home. With ten residence halls, a large apartment community, an honors house, three dining centers, a restaurant, coffee shop, bakery, and convenience stores, our students and guests have affordable, convenient, clean and comfortable accommodations and services. See more at http://housing.k-state.edu/
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
This team ensures that facilities are clean, sanitized, tidy, safe, and appealing for residents, faculty, staff and guests. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of cleaning and minor repair tasks to help prevent deterioration of facilities and provide safe, sanitary, adequate, clean living and working conditions. Properly uses cleaning chemicals and disinfectant products. Routine cleaning includes trash removal, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, washing and disinfecting doors, floors, walls and fixtures and disinfecting restrooms.
- Cleans assigned residence hall student rooms and deep cleans all other areas as assigned by following established cleaning procedures in order to prepare the areas for future student and guest occupancy.
- Provides hotel type housekeeping services for conference groups and other guests residing in departmental facilities in order to ensure that individuals being served can enjoy clean, neat sanitary and pleasant accommodations.
- Selects, uses, maintains and protects tools and equipment used on the job. Adequately stocks cleaning carts.
- Completes other duties as assigned. May be asked to attend conferences and workshops. May be assigned to clean other areas during peak activity periods or to fill in for absent employees. May be required to serve as a “lead” employee or “fill-in” custodial specialist. All duties are performed in a manner that promotes a harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community.
||Prefer custodial/housekeeping experience and knowledge of use and care of commercial/industrial cleaning equipment. Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials used in custodial work and their use of application. Ability to make basic repairs, perform basic maintenance tasks.
|Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions:
||Work requires moderate physical exertion to transport heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) daily. Assist in transporting 75 lb. objects occasionally. Performs overhead work and must have sufficient strength to stand the strain of working long hours at custodial tasks and repetitive stooping, lifting, bending, twisting, reaching and climbing. Equipment used: angler broom, mop/mop buckets, vacuum cleaners, cleaning/supply cart, trash removal equipment, ladders, floor maintainers, buffers, carpet extractors, high speed burnisher, wet/dry vacuum, high pressure sprayer/extractor.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
|| $10.68 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.