(1) OFFICES, MEDIA WORK AREAS, DRESSING/LOCKER ROOMS, STORAGE/WORK AREAS, SUITES AND DINING AREAS: Vacuum, bonnet, and extract carpeted areas using automated equipment, for instance, the use of an extraction unit that requires proper set-up in terms of chemical mix and mechanical adjustment to perform properly. Use dust tool to clean tile floors. Wet mop stains and spots on tiled floors, using pail method and semi-automatic scrubbers that require knowledge, skill, and ability to set up. Empty trash, clean containers, and replace liners. Dust furniture, blinds, and other surfaces. Clean glass, ledges, and dry marker boards. Empty recycling containers and take material to central recycling area. Change light bulbs as required in assigned areas. Supervises students and part time employees.
(2) RESTROOMS/SHOWERS: Clean and disinfect sinks, stools, urinals, sanitary napkin receptacles, and trash containers. This work requires training in the treatment of floor, wall, and other surfaces with regard to blood-borne pathogens. Clean and polish fixtures, wet mop floors, dust and clean all surfaces. Replace soap and paper goods. Clean floor drains and add water weekly. Periodically scrub walls and detergent scrub floors with semi-automatic scrubbing equipment. Acid treatments are used to clean urinals and toilets. Proper safety gear is required and care must be exercised to not mix other chemicals or a reaction could occur. Supervises students and part time employees.
(3) HALLWAYS, STAIRS, ELEVATORS, ENTRANCES AND EXTERIORS: On resilient surfaces, dust mop, scrub, and burnish with both an automatic scrubber and burnisher. Wet mop spots and stains on tiled areas and floor mats. Spot clean walls, doors, carpets, jambs, and kick plates. Wash windows and rails. Dust and polish surfaces. Clean display cases, commons area furniture, and public telephones. Clean exterior entranceways and handicap ramps daily. Sweep, shovel, or treat snow and ice. Supervises students and part time employees.
(4) FLOOR MAINTENANCE: Strip with automatic equipment or chemical detergent scrubs with like equipment in non-carpeted areas. Burnish tile floors with automatic burnishers. Bonnet and deep extract carpet areas using mechanical extractors. Improper use of equipment and chemicals can dull and/or permanently damage floor surfaces. Proper use of cleaning chemicals is necessary to avoid potential bio-hazardous situations to the worker and occupants of the building. Supervises students and part time employees.
(5) SUPPLIES, CHEMICALS AND EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE: Equipment used ranges from hand tools to sophisticated high-speed mechanical/electrical burnisher, scrubbers, and dry/wet vacuums. It is necessary to clean and perform daily maintenance on all equipment. Maintain clean, organized and stocked custodial closet. Report equipment malfunctions to supervisor. Chemicals used are sometimes volatile and represent a wide range of disinfecting and cleaning job and applications. Staff must be knowledgeable concerning chemical uses/purposes, mixes, and safety issues. MSDS sheets are available for each chemical and staff must comprehend and rely on those sheets to avoid injury to self, others in the building, and/or costly equipment. Supervises students and part time employees.
(6) RELATED WORK: Follow all safety policies regarding use of safety procedures and equipment. Perform related work as required, which may include, but is not limited to, assisting in other areas with special events and emergencies. Report building repair needs, suspicious events, and other user complaints to supervisor. Maintain a harmonious work relationship with co-workers. Assist building maintenance personnel in duties required.
(7) INTERIOR COLISEUM ARENA AREA:
(a) Report any problems to supervisor after inspecting benches and chairbacks for loose bolts, rough edges, misc. problems. Perform routine repair to benches and chairback seating to maintain areas in first class condition.
(b) Assists as needed with setup and teardown of staging, curtains, chairs, basketball flooring and hydraribs, using forklift or other essential equipment.
(c) Assist with sets for meeting spaces and other duties as assigned.
(d) Perform duties related to custodial, maintenance and cleaning tasks for event operations and other public use of Athletic facilities.
Supervises students and part time employees.
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.