|1. Assist with special projects as requested by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education.
• A representative example includes assuming responsibility for the planning and execution of a foreign faculty summer institute. The project entails preparing the initial proposal for a foreign university; authoring the invitational letter; coordinating B-1 visa approvals; coordinating a multi-week agenda which includes classroom and cultural experiences; coordinating housing, feeding and transportation; and arranging for representational ceremonies and a culminating graduation experience.
• Degree and certificate programs: Manage admission applications under the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies, and act as custodian of School documents.
• Non-credit programs/workshops: Collaborate with the chair of program (and event committee members) to organize a timeline of duties, to include making timely communication/marketing requests and working with communication/marketing group for the advertisement of the event; and organizing the event, including scheduling meetings with event committee before and after the event, setting up registration forms, keeping track of RSVP lists, making reservations, making name tags, organizing abstracts, greeting guests, orientating speakers, printing programs/flyers, and summarizing event evaluation information after each event.
• Seminars/seminar series: Organize speakers, make travel arrangements, and facilitate the event
• Support K-12 Engagement initiatives.
• Plan and execute School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies events.
• Schedule future student campus visits, track student status, create reports.
• Provide financial management support for the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies to include: Provide oversight of the School’s operating budget, and prepare periodic and ongoing financial management reports.
• Maintain ongoing and open communication with all collaborators/partners working with the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies and the academic affairs of the K-State Olathe Campus and effectively answer or direct questions about procedures and policy issues.
2. Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Executive Education, in developing, managing and delivering services and programs for the K-State Olathe campus and the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies. Activities include:
• Support activities of the Associate Dean to meet the growth needs of the organization.
• Prepare and file documents such as proposals and applications with government agencies, industry and non-profit organizations.
• Prioritize and organize workload to meet time sensitive demands and deadlines, and manage calendar to include scheduling appointments and meetings.
• Plan and coordinate meetings to include scheduling, agenda preparation, meeting organization, recording and distribution of meeting minutes, and presentation preparation for on-site and off-site meetings.
• Maintain administrative and academic records and files.
• Prepare and manage the development of reports for internal and external agencies.
• Independently compose and prepare communications.
• Draft and format correspondence, to include notices, memoranda and resolutions
• Make travel arrangements and make travel reimbursement requests.
• Provide administrative support for faculty as needed.