Security Operations Manager (College of Veterinary Medicine)
Department: 3670080010 Vet Med Center Dean of
Job no: 502774
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Health & Safety
|General Description of Position:
||The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is seeking applicants for a Security Operations Manager. This position will report to and work closely with the College of Veterinary Medicine Director of Security, assisting with the implementation and monitoring of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and security for the College of Veterinary Medicine and will manage projects related to security systems. The Security Operations Manager will assist in management of the CVM ID badges, facilities access control management, camera management, and security audits of the campus, including regular audits of our existing security operations to determine areas of improvement. The Security Operations Manager will also interact with contract security, KSU campus police (KSUPD), CVM students, faculty, and staff regarding security access questions, badges and other related duties. In addition, this position will serve as a backup for the Director of Security and assist with participating on K-States Local Emergency Management and other related committees.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
||- Manages projects related to the maintenance of security systems including electronic access control, College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) badges for students, faculty and staff, CCTV, intrusion and detection alarms, and visitor management identification system
- Resolve physical and operational security issues brought to the Security Office by the CVM community
- Conduct security surveys of buildings and facilities on a weekly and monthly basis and assist in overseeing CMV’s security services contractors to maintain an up to date physical security profile for the college
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||- High School Diploma
- One to three years of relevant experience
||- Associate Degree
- Minimum of six years of work experience with security or emergency management
- Experience in a higher education or academic setting preferred
- Proven project and/or program management skills preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Strong communication skills preferred
- Ability to assess emergency situations and make decisions on which action to take
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 11.48 - $ 17.22 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend