Executive Director of Physician Assistant Program (College of Human Ecology)
Department: 3670055010 Human Ecology Dean of
Job no: 502850
Work type: Executive
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Medical
|General Description of Position:
||Kansas State University is seeking a dynamic and energetic team leader as the Executive Director of Physician Assistant Program. This individual will develop the Masters of Science Physician Assistant (PA) program. The institution is committed to the support needed for the pursuit of accreditation through the provisional and complete accreditation process through the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). The Executive Director will be charged with the development, implementation, and ongoing administration of all facets of the program. The Executive Director will be responsible for collaborating with community healthcare providers, university administrators, university faculty and program directors of accredited healthcare programs at Kansas State University to ensure effective program development, allocation of new resources, and utilization of existing university resources.
The program will be housed in the College of Human Ecology with a projected start date of June 2020 pending provisional accreditation by ARC-PA.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Executive Director Roles and Responsibilities:
||This is a full time 12 month administrative appointment reporting to the Dean of the College of Human Ecology. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, operation, and accreditation of the Physician Assistant Studies Master’s Degree program. The Director will:
- Obtain provisional accreditation for projected inaugural class of June 2020
- Maintain re-accreditation as dictated by current ARC-PA accreditation standards
- Supervise day-to -day operations of the program
- Organize and administer all program components as required for accreditation
- Assure sound fiscal management
- Administer continuous review, assessment, and analysis
- Organize and implement curriculum planning and development in collaboration with faculty and staff in related disciplines for approval by the college/university faculty and the Kansas State Board of Regents
- Engage in strategic planning for development and future growth of the program
- Supervise medical director, principal and instructional faculty, and staff in all activities related to the PA Program
- Competitive support for licensure and professional development available
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA)-Certified Physician Assistant (terminal degree) (PA-C) or MD/ DO certified by an ABMS- or AOA approved specialty board
- Clinical experience post-terminal degree
- Currently state licensed PA or MD/ DO in Kansas or eligible for license in Kansas
- In good standing with the state board and national board certification agency National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) / American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)/ American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Experience with Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) Accreditation, ARC-PA Standards and Policy, or other professional medical degree program
- Teaching experience with physicians assistants
- Seven years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience
- Experience at an academic institution
- academic institutional processes
- requesting/ locating/ allocation of resources
- delegation of task responsibility to appropriate individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Earned doctorate (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D)
- Previous experience as a director or clinical education coordinator of an ARC-PA accredited program in an institution of higher education
- Demonstrated record of scholarly research
- Experience with advising of undergraduate students into professional programs
- Prior experience with development of inter-professional education
- Prior experience with patient simulation (Patient care simulators/ standardized patient models)
- Experience organizing and administering all program components as required for accreditation
- Experience managing large budgets
- Experience with continuous program review, assessment, and analysis
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum preferably within PA programs
- Experience with strategic planning and positioning programs for growth
- Experience supervising faculty and staff in an academic environment
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit letter of interest, resume or CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Review of applications will begin January 26, 2018 and will continue until filled.
The appointment date is negotiable, but the goal is to have the position filled April, 2018. To inquire about the position, please contact the chairperson of the search committee, Dr. Bronwyn Fees, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Human Ecology, email@example.com.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 117,766 - $ 200,203 Annual Salary
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend