IGP Distance Education Manager
Department: 3670010080 Grain Science & Industry
Job no: 502952
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Agriculture, Education/Instructional, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Systems
|General Description of Position:
The IGP Institute in the Department of Grain Science is seeking an IGP Distance Education Manager. This position will lead the management, expansion and administration of the professional development distance education programs at the IGP Institute.
This position facilitates the development and delivery of professional non-credit courses and programs, professional development credentials, as well as some credit courses for the IGP Institute within the Department of Grain Science and Industry. This position works closely with the external stakeholders including Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS), American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) and International Association of Operative Millers (IAOM) as well as academic and industry partners to growing programming.
|Information About the Department:
The IGP Institute is housed within the Grain Science and Industry Department and serves Kansas and U.S. commodity organizations through its global education center housed in the Grain Science Complex on the campus of Kansas State University.
The mission of the IGP Institute is to offer innovative technical programs to enhance the market preference, consumption and utilization of U.S. cereal grains, oilseeds and their value-added products for the global grain industry. To meet this mission, course offerings are led by KSU faculty and industry professionals in the areas of flour milling and grain processing, grain marketing and risk management, and feed manufacturing and grain management. Along with on-campus trainings, our faculty lead customized on-location workshops as well as distance education courses.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|The Successful Candidate Will:
||The ideal candidate is expected to form a strong alliance with the Colleges of Agriculture and the Department of Grain Science and Industry faculty and to be able to identify and support content experts. In addition, this person works with entities across campus including Global Campus and Office of Mediated Education and is expected to represent the IGP Institute as requested on committees and project teams.
This position is expected to work within internal networks to develop new courses and programs and to participate in external educational committees to develop and facilitate new courses and programs.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- 3 years of higher education experience in instructional design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse groups
- Proven record of organizational and administrative skills including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Experience in budget management, including managing several funding sources
- Knowledge of the field of adult education as well as distance education including general status and challenges, student services and faculty issues
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Have an understanding of technology as it relates to online delivery
- Demonstrated experience in development of programs
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field
- Familiarity with Canvas or similar learning management and student information systems
- Knowledge of general agriculture systems and processes
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
|| Monday, January 22, 2018
|Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
|| $46,534 – $74,455
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend