|General Description of Position:
The Assistant or Associate Professor will teach in the accounting program, as directed, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, maintain Scholarly Academic (SA) status as required for AACSB accreditation, engage in research and publications in quality academic and professional accounting journals, and participate in activities of the department, college and university, consistent with tenure-track status.
|Information About the College/Unit:
Kansas State University and College Of Business Administration
The university is a state-supported institution of more than 24,300 students and is nationally recognized for the quality of its academic programs and consistently producing winning recipients of top national scholarships.
The 668-acre main campus is located in Manhattan, Kansas (population approximately 52,000), a community is nestled in the beautiful Flint Hills of Northeast Kansas.
The College of Business Administration is one of 10 colleges on the main campus. The college, with 2,700 undergraduate and graduate students and 67 full-time faculty, consists of four academic departments: accounting, finance, management and marketing. The college is accredited by AACSB at the bachelor and master level in both business administration and accounting.
Department of Accounting
The department has 18 full-time faculty and grants about 150 degrees each year. The accounting program at Kansas State University is nationally recognized for innovation in accounting education. Its leading edge curriculum focuses on critical thinking, communication skills and conceptual development throughout all levels of learning. Additional information can be found at: http://cba.k-state.edu/departments-initiatives/initiatives.html
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A Ph.D in accounting from an AACSB accredited institution, but ABD near completion will be considered
- Demonstrated research ability and the potential for publishing in quality refereed academic and professional journals
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and ability
- Commitment to collegiality and the ability to work with faculty and students from diverse backgrounds
- Teaching interest in systems and/or financial accounting
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to effectively communicate and interact with alumni, faculty, staff and students
- A record of published accounting research
- Professional accounting certification
- An interest in public interest research
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of application detailing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications of the position
- List of three references
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||February 8, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
|Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
||Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.