|General Description of Position:
Landscape Technician II will participate in planting, watering, fertilizing, pruning, weed whipping, mowing, pulling and hoeing weeds, raking leaves, picking up trash and debris, cleaning sidewalks, mulching, and snow removal by operating various tools and equipment of the trade. Perform plumbing and electrical duties to operate, maintain, repair, and install irrigation systems on campus grounds. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|The Successful Candidate Will:
- Participate in planting, watering, fertilizing, pruning, weed whipping, mowing, pulling and hoeing weeds, raking leaves, picking up trash and debris, cleaning sidewalks, mulching, and snow removal by operating various tools and equipment of the trade.
- Perform plumbing duties to operate, maintain, repair, and install irrigation systems on campus grounds.
- Perform electrical duties to operate, maintain, repair, and install irrigation systems on campus grounds.
- Perform minor repairs to tools and equipment in the Grounds Department and provide supervision of student workers and subordinate employees as required.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||Requires six months of relevant experience. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
||Skill in use and operations of tools, machines and equipment commonly used in plumbing and electrical work at the skilled craft level. 18 moths experience in performing irrigation work and institution grounds experience.
- Valid driver’s license upon employment and maintain it.
- Back flow Certification must be completed within the first year of employment.
- Subject to on-call, standby and inclement weather response.
- Moderate physical exertion is required to transport equipment associated with the position, often involving times weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Responsible to know, understand, and follow safety guidelines in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, to include K-State and Facilities policies and procedures.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
|Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
||$11.48 - $17.22 per hour
||This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.