Room Scheduling Specialist
Department: 3670060150 Fac Customer Service Desk
Job no: 503002
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Customer Service, Office/Clerical
|General Description of Position:
This position exists to provide technical support and review of room scheduling requests for general use space at Kansas State University and to ensure maximum usage.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|The Successful Candidate Will:
- Analyze and evaluate academic, non-academic, and extracurricular event requests in order to select and assign the most appropriate space from the available 144 general use classrooms and other university facilities, maximizing space utilization, through the use of the 25Live scheduling software program.
- Maintain the academic classroom schedule for up to three semesters at a time, final exams and intersessions.
- Serve as primary back up for the Facilities Special Events Coordinator and interpret policies applicable to the use of University property in order to familiarize potential users with the steps required to plan a special event through a working knowledge of KSU and Division of Faciltieis guidelines.
- Support Facilities Customer Service by answering the service line.
- Compose correspondence, file request forms, produce statistical reports, produce agendas and minutes for the Ahearn/Pool Users Meetings.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||Requires one year of office experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer five years experience in complex office support/clerical tasks with training in general office practices, office administration, mathematics, English grammar, or business.
- Experience with word processing and database management software in a Windows environment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Application deadline: January 26, 2018
|Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
||$12.63-$18.95 per hour
||This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend