Medical Intern - Radiology (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 503108
Work type: Internship
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
|General Description of Position:
||The Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University is offering a 12-month post-DVM clinical program in diagnostic imaging and radiology. The program is designed to expose the intern to radiology specialty practice, provide research experience and scientific training as part of preparation for a radiology residency training. The radiology service at the KSU VHC is supported by a first year resident, 2 boarded radiologists (one European Boarded and one ACVR) and one European board eligible radiologist. The program is further supported by board certified faculty in large and small animal medicine, surgery, anesthesiology, oncology, cardiology, zoological medicine, ophthalmology and dermatology. The KSU VHC has digital radiography, CT, MRI and linear accelerator in use for diagnosing and treating veterinary patients.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
- The intern will participate in all aspects of the services provided by the radiology section including: radiographic studies and interpretation, clinical and didactic instruction for veterinary students, participation in local, state and national continuing education programs and integrated case management. The current case load at the VHC will provide for excellent, comprehensive, medical training. The intern may have the opportunity to complete rotations through other services of the hospital. Interns receive tri-annual, written evaluations and progress planning reports which are discussed with the Intern Advisor and Hospital Director.
- The Veterinary Health Center is a spacious facility on the campus of Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. The University is in the beautiful Flint Hills of Kansas with numerous recreational opportunities available.
- Interns will receive tri-annual written evaluations which are discussed with the Intern Advisor and the Hospital Director.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- DVM or equivalent
- Graduate of a College of Veterinary Medicine
- Kansas Veterinary Institutional License
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||The intern must be physically present for orientation on the first day of the program.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 32,774 annual salary
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend