|General Description of Position:
||This position will provide leadership in the implementation of research-based nutrition education program to support successful families, and the systems that serve them, in Wildcat District communities. Manage and provide leadership for Wildcat District EFNEP (Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program), including the hiring, training and supervision of paraprofessional nutrition assistant educators and volunteers; development and sustaining of collaborative relationships with community/district agencies; management of program assets and funds and the championing of EFNEP goals and objectives. Provide leadership for district SNAP-Ed program. Major efforts will target limited resource families with young children, and programming topics will consist primarily of: food preparation, nutrition, food safety, food resource management, household food security and physical activity.
This position is located in Pittsburg, Kansas.
||K-State Research and Extension, Wildcat District has a population of 102,190; of which, nearly 19 percent are living below the Federal poverty level. Wildcat District is comprised of four counties in Southeast Kansas and includes offices in Pittsburg, Girard, Altamont, Independence and Fredonia. EFNEP, the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program, is a USDA-funded program delivered through K-State Research and Extension. Paraprofessional educators deliver EFNEP to low income youth and families with young children
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with major course work and experience in nutrition, community or public health nutrition, dietetics or related field; GPA level acceptable for graduate study at Kansas State University.
- Demonstrated interest in working with low-income and diverse audiences; experience preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with community organizations serving the low income audience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals, groups and through mass media. Computer skills and proficiency required as part of EFNEP online evaluation system.
- Specialized training or experience in food and nutrition, and adult education methods, with both people and program management skills.
- Demonstrated success with grant and fiscal management.
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability in designing, promoting, implementing and evaluating educational programs.
- Experience in volunteer coordination or supervision.
- Registered dietitian credential.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing experiences related to the above-mentioned responsibilities and qualifications.
- Vitae and any other information to communicate qualifications for the position.
- Copies of transcripts for all university degrees.
- Name, email addresses, and phone numbers for three professional references familiar with your work, including college professors if a recent graduate.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications will begin March 5, 2018.
Questions about the position or application process, please contact: Dr. Sandy Procter, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com, 785-532-1675; or Dr. Amanda Marney, Director, KSRE Wildcat Extension District, firstname.lastname@example.org, 620-724-8233.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.