|About the Role:
||The College of Human Ecology at Kansas State University is seeking a Budget Fiscal Officer II to provide support and leadership for the College of Human Ecology in all aspects of managing the business affairs, human resource functions, facilities maintenance and management, capital projects, renovations, and technology systems of the college. This position reports directly to the dean and is housed in the dean’s office complex in Justin Hall. The Budget Fiscal Officer supervises a central accounting and human resources business office for the college and the IT services activities in the college. Analyze, plan, develop, present, implement policy and procedure practices to effectively improve efficiencies in the college business functions and integrate with university practices and systems. The position also oversees the business operations of four departments, one school and programs, centers and institutes. Prepares the annual budget and administers the current budget.
Budget and Financial Management.
- Prepare and manage a college budget that in FY18 totaled approximately $30 million dollars, with about 40% state allocated operating budget and 60% restricted use, sponsored research and foundation funding.
- Provide input into allocation recommendations to departments. Organize, prepare and submit final balanced budget.
- Develop summer school budget and assist with administration of summer school.
- Oversee all unclassified and USS salary expenditures for all accounts. Determine projected salary savings and work with departments to resolve funding, payroll and position management issues.
- Oversee the business operations of four departments, one school, centers and institutes. Prepare the total annual budget and administer the current budget.
Data Generation, Analysis and Reporting.
- Advise deans, department heads and departmental staff on current administrative and personnel policies of KSU and the State of Kansas. Work with department heads to interpret policies and procedures and advise them in situations involving personnel and finance matters. Recommend and implement changes to these policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Engage in data generation and analysis to better understand financial and academic data for the college. Prepare reports and charts of this analysis for use by the dean and other college and university administrative units to enable more effective strategic planning.
- Anticipate potential problems and opportunities and recommend creative solutions with little or no precedence.
- Advise the dean and department heads on budgeting issues and assist in resolution of complex budget and/or accounting issues.
- Maintain proper fiscal and administrative controls and ensure that all funds are expended in accordance with University, State, Federal and sponsored program policy procedures.
- Manage and serve as hiring authority on all positions for the college through the PageUp human resource management system. Includes reviewing, creating and inputting all vacancies into the PageUp system and following each position through the process to completion and hiring.
- Direct the maintenance of facilities in 6 buildings housing College of Human Ecology research and academic activities.
- Direct project management of new capital projects for the college.
- Direct renovation projects for the college.
- Oversee, communicate and monitor, required fire safety inspections, environmental safety policies and requirements, assist with space analysis
Supervise, plan and manage information technology services within the college. The IT services unit consists 0ne Lan systems administrator and one webmaster and student assistants. The college maintains a webserver and network of over 500 users.
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
||The College of Human Ecology is committed to the advancement, application, and dissemination of knowledge about the human needs of individuals, families, and communities. The College consists of four departments, one school, eight centers, three institutes, and one museum and has enrollment of over 2,800 students.
US News and World Report lists the university among the top public universities in the United States. In 2015 the university was ranked #2 top university to work for by Forbes. Kansas State University is midway in an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Eight or more years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in university business management activities
- Background of human resources analyses and system processes
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, interpret, implement and direct compliance directives, policies and local, university, state and national statutes, policies and best practices
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Mastery of various software programs including database, financial, Power point, word processing
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins March 8, 2017
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 83,325 - $ 137,487 annual salary
Actual salary rate will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum ($ 83,325) and midpoint ($ 110,406) of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.