Veterinary Technician (Cardiology)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 503962
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
|About this Role:
||The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Technician to serve in the Cardiology Section. This technician will help maintain an efficient cardiology service by providing technical and minor instructional skills as necessary to provide services in the Veterinary Health Center. A primary mission of the Hospital is to provide quality medical service for teaching, research and clients within the surrounding areas. This position is responsible for coordination of animal treatments and instruction/description of treatments to students, staff, and clients.
This position is considered ESSENTIAL during times of inclement weather.
For additional information regarding Veterinary Technicians, visit: VHC VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Duties / Responsibilities:
- Cardiology - Outpatient and inpatient services: Assist the senior cardiology clinician in regards to organization and management of clinical cases and senior student instruction. Learn to properly obtain a standard ECG, utilize both Doppler and oscillometric blood pressure devices, and eventually instruct senior students regarding the use of the aforementioned equipment. Assist professional veterinary students with respect to blood and urine collection, catheter placement, handling and restraint, and drug injection techniques. Knowledge of basic surgical equipment is required and instruction regarding cardiovascular catheterization techniques will be taught.
- Maintain current knowledge of invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular procedures and equipment operation, and learn new techniques as they arise.
- Become familiar with the Vetstar hospital management system to help maintain accurate and complete medical records of Cardiology patients.
- Assist the cardiology clinician during limited clinical research applications
- Assist with after-hours emergency procedures and participate with rotational weekend and holiday stand-by as necessary.
- Be an effective and dependable employee by beginning each day with a clean, neat appearance, establish and maintain good work habits; maintain a positive, professional relationship with faculty, staff, students and clients.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor, Hospital Director or Hospital Administrator
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||For a Veterinary Technician I: Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
For a Veterinary Technician II:
Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and two years of relevant experience.
For a Veterinary Specialty Technician:
Completion of a two year college program in veterinary and animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and five years of relevant experience as a state credentialed veterinary technician (RVT, LVT, CVT).
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Willing to learn new techniques and be eager to help establish this new clinical service.
- Clinical teaching and/or supervisory experience will be considered a beneficial asset to this position.
- Preferment will be given to those candidates who:
-have enthusiasm with clinical service, teaching and clinical research
-have the ability to apply foundational knowledge to clinical cases and can communicate complex issues to clients
-have great communication skills
-have eagerness for self-improvement
-have preparedness and organizational skills
-have a thirst for knowledge
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please submit an application along with a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three professional references and official transcripts.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 11.48 - $ 21.31 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend