Administrative Assistant (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 503985
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Medical, Office / Clerical, Veterinary Medicine
|About this Role:
||The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant. This individual will assist the Director of KSVDL with calendar, scheduling and tasks not limited to American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) accreditation, QMS, evaluations, personnel issues, and National Animal Health Laboratory Network.
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide direct administrative assistance to the Director of the Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL)by organizing his/her daily schedule, coordinating travel and lodging arrangements when necessary and using good judgment in prioritizing and scheduling to ensure the most efficient use of the Director's time. Provide administrative support to the Associate Director as needed. Proof, edit and rewrite KSVDL documents in order to promote a positive public image of the Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. Represent the Director to the various clientele of the KSVDL (clients, prospective students, post-doctoral trainees, graduate students, referring veterinarians, public, state and federal government agencies and other University operating units.) Ensure that a high degree of confidentiality in all matters regarding written reports, telephone and other means of communication with the public is maintained.
- Assist with organization of the National Animal Health Laboratory Network (NAHLN), American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) Accreditation and activities along with permits. Assist with scheduling of advisory board meetings and follow up. Be a part of the KSVDL quality management system (QMS) for AAVLD accreditation and compliance. Maintain faculty, staff, intern and resident personnel files as needed. Assist with and maintaining faculty and staff evaluations.
- Serve as primary resource person for information regarding KSVDL and University policies to KSVDL employees. Responsible for updating and editing KSVDL protocols under the direction of the Director/Associate Director.
- Provide an interdepartmental interface to inform the Dean's office and other departments of KSVDL activities. Objectives of this responsibility are to enhance communication between College units, facilitate routing of appropriate documents or memos to faculty and staff and to increase the efficiency of inter-college tasks.
- Prepare miscellaneous purchase requests for the Veterinary Health Center (VHC) pertaining to subscriptions, faculty position advertisements, business advertisements, special announcements and publication notices based on guidelines set by KSVDL, College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM), Kansas State University (KSU), and the State of Kansas. Record proper funding sources and item codes for each purchase into the computerized purchasing database in order for financial reports to be generated for the Director/Associate Director.
- Plan and coordinate special projects or events which occur annually or periodically to include advisory board, adjunct meetings with Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), faculty and staff receptions, Resident/intern Recognition Ceremony and awards, employee recognition and appreciation events and various Faculty, Staff and Student meetings.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||Requires two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent comparable science degree
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs and database programs
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 14.49 - $ 21.74 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend