Child Development Teaching Assistant (Hoeflin Stone House Child Care Center)
Department: 3670055050 Family Studies & Human Service
Job no: 504203
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Child Development
|About this Role:
||The School of Family Studies and Human Services at Kansas State University is seeking a Child Development Teaching Assistant which will supervises aides in the classroom.
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive learning environment both indoors and outdoors that fosters development in motor, cognitive, language, social,emotional,and creative domains.
- Assist Lead Teacher to implement curriculum that fosters development in motor, cognitive, language, social,emotional, and creative domains.
- Maintain a positive learning environment in accordance with early childhood standards, regulations or assessment tools.
- Model Stone House values to children, parents and staff members.
- Maintain orderly and sanitary conditions by completing tasks on daily cleaning charts and NAEYC Cleaning and Sanitation Frequency Chart in accordance with Center, State, and National guidelines.
- Complete tasks and obligations in accordance with supervisor requests and specific deadlines.
- Supervise aides and monitor staff/child ratios at all times.
- Complete self-assessment tools to recognize areas of needed improvement to be submitted to supervisor by written instruction.
- Maintain and keep current NAEYC Accreditation Classroom Portfolio with up to date evidence from the classroom proving compliance of all criterion.
- Maintain regular contact with Lead Teacher, and assigned supervisor regarding classroom issues (challenging behaviors, parent concerns, child absences, suspected abuse/neglect, and suspected developmental delays).
- Records observations and anecdotal notes on all children on a daily basis to be used in child's assessment.
- Collect photos and work samples to illustrate emerging abilities and activities of children to be used in child's portfolio.
- Maintain records of each child's progress and experiences through individualized portfolios according to Center policies/procedures.
- Successfully complete required professional education
- Successfully complete required annual training hours
- Complete continuing education goals
- Complete Program Wide and Individual goals as outlined on the Performance Assessment Plan.
Additional Duties & Expectations:
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and philosophy of the Stone House.
- Maintain prompt hours; notify administration in the event of illness or unexpected absence.
- Maintain a professional attitude in demeanor and relationships with children, parents, and staff.
- Maintain a gossip free work environment
- Understand and use NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct in their roles as members of the early childhood profession.
- Model and maintain confidentiality in and outside of the classroom setting in regard to children, parents, staff, students and volunteers; follow guidelines established by the center policies.
- Any related responsibilities assigned by lead teacher.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
||Requires a high school diploma and the following credentials: five sessions of observation for not less than two and one-half consecutive hours per observation in licensed preschools or child care centers with one year teaching experience in a licensed center or preschool, or one year of supervised practicum in licensed center or preschool. Or, seven to nine semester hours of academic credit or equivalent training in child development or early childhood education and three months teaching experience in a licensed center or preschool, or one year of supervised practicum in licensed center or preschool.
||Associates degree (or equivalent) in early childhood education or related field; 6 months experience working with infants and/or toddlers in a licensed center.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- The successful candidate will need to pass KBI Background Check, Physical and TB Test.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening will begin July 20, 2018 and continue until filled.
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 9.88 - 14.32 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend