Research Compliance Manager (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 504259
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine, Medical
|About this Role:
||The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is seeking applications for a Research Compliance Manager. This position will be expected to supervise and lead a team that ensures that information generated by the laboratory is in compliance with regulatory standards, primarily AAVLD, but may assist with CLIA, CLSI, GXP and others that may arise. This individual will provide leadership for KSVDL quality in new standards that may be in the future of KSVDL, such as ISO 17025.
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Duties / Responsibilities:
- To ensure requirements are met for the AAVLD, this person will lead KSVDL on a new endeavor of attaining accreditation under the standards of ISO 17025:2017. Accreditation of the ISO 17025:2017 will allow KSVDL and Kansas State University to be recognized on an international level for reliable veterinary diagnostics. This person will have to learn ISO 9001 (quality management), ISO 15189 (quality of medical laboratories), and ISO/IEC 17021-1 (requirements for audit and certification bodies), which are part of the process approach for ISO 17025:2017. This person will need to understand the significance of information technologies in the future of electronic data transfer in reference to a quality system and client confidentiality. ISO 17025:2017 accreditation will facilitate cooperation between laboratories and other bodies by generating wider acceptance of results between countries, which in turn can improve international trade. The individual for this position must have the ability to become versed in new, unknown, standards along with good communication and leadership skills. This person will have to attend trainings for aspects of ISO standards. This individual will assist with other new and current accrediting bodies of KSVDL and possibly GLP studies as needed. Once ISO 17025 accreditation is attained this person will assist with collaborative relationships between other countries diagnostic laboratories and KSVDL in development of global reliable veterinary diagnostics.
- Will provide leadership and supervise a quality team to develop, implement and maintain the KSVDL quality assurance/quality control program. This management position will be responsible for ensuring accreditation with the AAVLD is maintained and adapted to meet new/revised requirements. This position will ensure that accurate records and documentation of the quality system are completed per quality procedures. This position will oversee quality aspects that are specific for the AAVLD standard. This individual will provide leadership for KSVDL quality in new standards that may be in the future of KSVDL. This person will provide leadership to bring molecular development and toxicology online for the quality management system. The person in this position will lead management reviews for KSVDL. They may assist with other quality standards, audits and studies as needed for specific sections of KSVDL. The person in this position will also oversee committees involving the KSVDL Quality Management System.
- Lead internal audits and investigate in corrective and preventive actions for the laboratories this position oversees. This position will also oversee audits and SOPs required by the USDA and NAHLN.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Scientific laboratory technician experience
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs and database programs
- Previous experience as a laboratory technician in an accredited lab or a regulated environment
- Prior auditing experience
- Prior quality management experience
- Prior AAVLD standard and implementation experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 50,770 - $ 88,840 annual salary
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend