Medical Resident Year 1 - Anesthesiology (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 504394
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
|About this Role:
||The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) is seeking applicants for an Anesthesia Medical Resident. Medical Residents at the VHC are post-DVM clinical programs, specializing in a particular service. Residents have completed a one year internship or have been employed in a practice environment acceptable to faculty in a particular service.
|We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
|Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University is offering a three year anesthesia and analgesia residency designed to meet ACVAA residency requirements. Candidates must have a DVM or equivalent degree, and must have completed a one year internship or have had a practice experience acceptable to the faculty in Anesthesiology. The resident may elect to pursue a Master of Science degree simultaneously. Supervision of MS degree program is by graduate faculty within the Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine. The resident is required to submit an original manuscript to a refereed journal prior to completion of the residency.
- The anesthesiology section at the KSU VHC is supported by 4 board-certified specialists and 3 anesthesiology technicians. The anesthesia and analgesia residency is further supported by board-certified faculty in large and small animal medicine and surgery, cardiology, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology, radiology, and exotic animal medicine. The resident will participate in the delivery of both large and small animal anesthesiology. The percent time commitment to training in clinical anesthesiology will be 70-80%, depending on whether the candidate is pursuing an advanced degree. The remaining time will be spent in rotations through other services, clinical research, and didactic teaching. Residents are required to prepare for and attend weekly resident conferences consisting of case presentations, journal reviews, and formal seminar presentations. Responsibilities include night and weekend anesthesia emergency duties on a rotating schedule.
- Residents receive semi-annual written evaluations, which are discussed with the Resident Adviser and Hospital Director. Annual reappointment of the resident is contingent upon continued satisfactory performance in all aspects of the program.
- The Veterinary Health Center is a modern, spacious facility on the campus of Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. The University is in the beautiful Flint Hills of Kansas with numerous recreational opportunities available.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- DVM or equivalent degree
- Completed a one year internship or have had a practice experience acceptable to the faculty in Anesthesiology
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening of applications begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 34,157 annual salary
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend