Provide administrative support to the department head by performing the following duties:
• Provide administrative support to the department head for relief of routine tasks.
• Maintain the department head's calendar using the University calendaring system.
• Schedule meetings for the department head and faculty.
• Compile statistical and other information to be used in preparation of correspondence, reports and meeting.
• Complete and follow-up with general routine correspondence and reports.
• Assist faculty in granting permission for students to enroll in course sections using KSIS.
• Assist dept. head and faculty with curriculum changes and revisions, including completion and distribution of Academic Affairs paperwork.
• Open and direct mail to appropriate persons.
• Maintain administrative files.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and departmental equipment and ensure that there are adequate supplies on hand for daily operation of the department.
• Using the university calendar system, schedule departmental classroom and other scheduling requests as needed.
• Answer and redirect telephone calls that come to the main department number.
• Work with appropriate college and university personnel to update the departmental section of the undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
• Complete reports related to eligibility of undergraduate and graduate students for honor society memberships.
• Act as the initial contact person for potential undergraduate and graduate program inquiries.
• Access PeopleSoft system to report time and leave for dept. employees; print out departmental reports and hourly student time documents. Check leave balances for faculty and staff. Contact Human Resources when needs arise.
• Reconcile payroll check register for faculty, staff and student assistants. Record amount on student assistant time documents.
• Attend Human Resources/Personnel Specialists meetings regarding updates on policies and procedures.
• Maintain appropriate personnel files.
Provide support to the departmental program directors by performing the following:
• Assist program directors with reports and program review documents.
• Take care of copying, collating, binding and mailing reports for program directors.
• Assist hospitality management (HM) program director and the graduate program director with compiling information for reports.
• Respond and prepare appropriate correspondence to requests for information about any of the department's programs, either undergraduate or graduate.
• Serve as the Graduate Admissions Program Coordinator. Communicate through email, hard-copy correspondence or phone with prospective graduate students regarding status of application materials and the application process.
• Maintain a log and file of application materials submitted by prospective graduate students and pass the file to the Graduate Program director when all application materials have been received for any given student and the application is ready to present to the graduate faculty for consideration.
• Communicate with the Graduate School as necessary to obtain entrance test scores or other pertinent information.
• Create and maintain files for current graduate students.
• Maintain and update the departmental database of alumni through the KSU Alumni Associations Database.
• Attend regular Graduate School update meetings on policies and procedures.
• Assist in orienting new graduate students to departmental policies and procedure Essential
Complete other duties as follows:
• Provide assistance to dept. head and faculty on computers, printers and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other software as required.
• Provide key card requests, sign for dept. head and submit to Key Control in Facilities. Maintain file for key cards and log of activity.
• Complete appropriate facilities forms to reserve rooms for meeting/events.
• Remind faculty and GTAs to schedule semester TEVALS
• Remind faculty and GTAs to submit final grade reports and main grade reports in file.
• Remind faculty and GTAs to submit textbook orders and maintain departmental file of orders.
• Assist with line schedule preparation and responsible for final copy submission.
• Compile and maintain matrix of distance courses to be offered for the upcoming 3-year period.
• Schedule courses to be taught in high-tech classrooms.
• Update departmental web pages as needed.
• Provide assistance and minor maintenance for copy machines. Maintain copy machine, fax machine and color laser printer.
• Issue and maintain purchase requisitions for department head and all faculty.
• Hire, schedule and train student assistants. Monitor performance, establish student schedules and keep them informed of changes in policies and procedures.
• Departmental marketing activities.
• Assist with Lacy’s Fresh Fare & Catering when need arises.