The Department of Integrated Studies at Kansas State Polytechnic in Salina, KS is seeking a dedicated Mechanical Engineering Technology Lab Technician to provide valuable support to faculty and students.
Duties include the following:
• Install, maintain, and operate highly specialized laboratory equipment and precision tools using machine tools, and computer-controlled machines.
• Consult with faculty and students on research and instructional projects, design and specifications, engineering materials, and available manufacturing options.
• Assist with setup of equipment and materials for course-based laboratory experiences.
• Instruct shop personnel, undergraduate students, and graduate students in operation of laboratory equipment, safety regulations, and appropriate procedures.
• Serve as manager for the manufacturing lab, assist with inventory and purchasing, and complete other duties as directed by the Department Head.
• Assist faculty and students with expertise in projects. Assist students in technical aspects of student club projects.