About This Role:
Kansas State University Olathe seeks experienced professional for full-time opening as an Information Technology Support Specialist. The position is responsible for providing current and appropriate technology to support the mission of the K-State Olathe campus. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the support of Olathe campus faculty, staff, and associated campus tenants and clients. Support requirements include end-user technology, instructional technology, and infrastructure support as part of the technology plan for the campus. The position will engage with internal resources at all K-State campuses and external suppliers/integrators. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager.
Information Technology Support Specialist will work closely with the IT Manager and K-State Manhattan Division of IT staff to support technology for the Olathe campus to include: provide support for instructional technology, internal information systems; and provide training for Olathe campus employees.
- Maintain the campus technology and infrastructure for faculty, staff, students, tenants, classroom, and research lab environments.
- Install and configure software as required for all classroom, conference room, and public use computers annually and as needed for individual faculty, staff, students, tenants, and clients.
- Troubleshoot and correct end-user level computer problems for individual and shared computers, including those operated by faculty, staff, research lab equipment, and tenant computers.
- Troubleshoot and repair of telecommunications and network infrastructure at a tier 1 level, including connecting new, disconnecting old, and moving data and telephony connections as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair Crestron audio visual infrastructure at a tier 1 level, escalating to supervisor and coordinating with contracted A/V integrator as needed.
- Provide support for internal information systems.
- Provide support for facilities and security access and camera systems by configurating, installing, and updating software.
- Provide support for faculty and staff using learning management system (Canvas).
- Ensure campus print technology is operational for all campus computer users.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and delivery of training for faculty, staff, students, and internal use for K-State systems.
- Assist in the supervision, training, and management of student employees.
- Serve on K-State Olathe and other University committees.
This position is full-time, exempt and benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off -vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
To be Successful You Will Need:
- Requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in information technology or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge and minimum of three years hands-on experience in the configuration and administration of desktop operating systems (including Windows 10, and Mac OSX workstations) for users in a multi-user LAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of productivity applications specifically Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint/OneDrive.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with workstation hardware (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair and understand the relationship between the hardware and the operating system).
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (eg., iOS, Android devices).
- Experience with supporting instructional technology utilizing web hosted videoconferencing tools like Zoom, Zoom Webinar, Teams, and audio-visual infrastructure like Crestron.
- Video streaming, capturing, and editing experience. Hands-on training and/or experience in supporting user access to Windows Active Directory environment.
- Experience with digital signage management.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager toolkit.
- Experience with LAN and wireless networking technologies.
- Multi-Functional Device troubleshooting and support experience.
- Experience with providing IT/AV support for conferences and other events.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Excellent proofreading skills and be detail-oriented;organizational and documentation skills; and excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with independently.
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Certification or coursework supporting Apple/Mac based hardware/software.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.
Questions regarding specifics of the position can be directed to Kimberly Voight, Director of Student Services and search committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson at email@example.com (913.307.7316).