Food Service Workers help make good food and service happen by supporting the service and production of safe, wholesome food for the residents and guests in our residence hall dining centers. The work schedule is for a full 40 hours per week and includes a generous benefits package. The work schedule includes one Saturday or Sunday (one day) every other weekend. A day off will be scheduled either before or after the weekend day.
Duties related to the service and production of food may include:
· Prepare a variety of basic entrees and side dishes using standardized recipes and procedures.
· Set-up and prepare service platforms, salad bar, fruit/dessert area, and dining room areas for service of food.
· Provide for customer needs during meal service by promoting quick, friendly service, and keeping serving platforms and dining areas clean.
· Participate in daily meetings and effectively interact with other employees.
· Operate, clean, and sanitize equipment in ware washing area and dish return belts. Clean and sanitize all tableware trays, utensils, pots, pans. Clean dining facility and launders, folds, and stores linens. Follow all established food safety procedures.
· May provide training and guidance to hourly student employees.
· Perform all duties assigned in a manner that promotes a team-oriented, harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community. Support a teaching laboratory environment for students enrolled in academic-related programs.