Veterinary Nurse IV (Dentistry)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 516291
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Nurse IV-Dentistry. This position exists to provide support and assist with teaching in the Dentistry service in the Small Animal Surgery Department. This position requires advanced knowledge and skills in veterinary dentistry. This position is responsible for coordinating patient care and being proactive in instructing students and employees in appropriate treatment technique. This position may also help with preparation of course materials, provide presentations, and assist with teaching in clinical labs. This position is designed as essential.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Completion of a two-year college program in veterinary or animal technology accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and five years of relevant experience as a state credentialed veterinary technician (RVT, LVT, CVT). Completion of an approved NAVTA Veterinary Technician Specialty certification (Dentistry) and maintaining of credentials based on NAVTA criteria.
- Advancing staff must have obtained their Kansas license as a Veterinary Technician prior to advancement. New hires in any level must obtain a Kansas license as a Veterinary Technician within 6 months of employment.
- Experience in administering and monitoring anesthesia, performing dental radiographs, and dental charting.
- Postgraduate experience in a hospital setting.
- Ability to maintain and use ordinary and dental specialty medical hospital equipment.
- Be physically able to handle, restrain, and provide medical services to domestic animals.
- Ability to perform word processing and data entry procedures on a personal computer.
- Clinical teaching and/or supervisory experience will be considered a beneficial asset to this position.
- Have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of standard emergency veterinary medical procedures.
- Be willing to master new techniques.
- A working knowledge of operation room sterile technique.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$25.25 - $35.00 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend