Assistant/Associate Professor Animal Nutrition
Department: 3670010050 Animal Sciences & Industry
Job no: 516477
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Agriculture, Education / Instructional, Research / Scientific / Grants, Extension Agent / Educator, Animal Sciences / Livestock
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Animal Sciences & Industry Department houses the largest undergraduate degree program at Kansas State University in combination with a robust research focus across most primary disciplines and species/products in the animal and food sciences. We are seeking applicants for a 12-month, tenure- track faculty position (60% Teaching, 40% Research) that will be located in Manhattan, KS. The position will be available for either an Assistant or Associate Professor of Animal Nutrition with a preference for ruminant nutrition as the sub-discipline. The successful individual will contribute primarily to the department’s land-grant missions in teaching and research. Teaching responsibilities will be consistent with the successful individual’s training, interests, and needs of the Department, and expectations include teaching and advising both graduate and undergraduate students. The successful individual is expected to lead a productive research program in animal nutrition and participate in relevant interdisciplinary activities. The department is home to the full array of animal facilities dedicated to research and teaching that are all located in close proximity to campus.
Position Description and Responsibilities: The successful individual will:
- Teach courses and advise undergraduate and graduate students in Animal Sciences & Industry majors
- Engage in scholarly activity commensurate with our land-grant mission
- Develop and lead an externally funded research program in animal nutrition
- Develop a dynamic graduate research program
- Support the overall mission of the Department
- Work in a diverse and multicultural environment by fostering diversity and teamwork
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Ph.D. degree (at time of employment) in Animal Science or related field with an emphasis in animal nutrition
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Ability to develop an impactful research program relevant to animal agriculture and train graduate students
- Commitment to the University’s land-grant mission
- Expertise in ruminant nutrition
- Proven record of teaching and scholarly activity consistent with experience level in animal nutrition
- Evidence of being a successful team member and leader, including the ability to collaborate with and/or lead a diverse team of colleagues, staff, students, and industry stakeholders
- Commitment to the University’s land-grant mission and the K-State Next-Gen Strategic Plan https://www.k-state.edu/strategic-planning/
- Applicability of scholarly activity towards K-State’s Plan for Economic Prosperity in Kansas https://www.k-state.edu/research/economic-prosperity/Economic-prosperity-plan-web.pdf
- Desire and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and advance the University’s commitment to collegiality, diversity, and inclusivity
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Applicants should complete the application process and upload the following:
- Cover letter to include an explanation of your research and teaching experience and how your expertise aligns with the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
February 12, 2024
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend