About This Role:
K-State Athletics is looking seeking applicants for a Facility Custodian position that is a local agency, full-time, benefits-eligible position with paid overtime. You will provide routine cleaning and supportive custodial services for our facilities and events.
Shift: 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Weekend hours required as required.
An example of duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise students and part-time employees on your crew
- Clean offices, media work areas, dressing/locker rooms, storage/work areas, suites, dining areas, restrooms, showers, hallways, stairs, elevators, entrances
- Floor maintenance
- Clean exterior entrances, walkways and handicap ramps, including sweeping and removing and/or treating ice/snow
Why Join Us:
We are looking for someone who wants to become a member of our custodial staff to provide routine cleaning and supportive custodial services for our facilities and events through hard work, knowledge, and dedication.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally, and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
Manhattan has been recently ranked #19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability, while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America. K-State Athletics is also a proud member of the Big 12 Conference.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Experience using a wide variety of cleaning machines/equipment and chemicals, their use/purpose, mixes and safety issues. Ability to understand MSDS sheets for all chemicals to avoid injury to self, others, and the equipment it is used with
- Experience and ability to work without direct supervision and be able to be flexible as daily tasks may be interrupted by unexpected events being added to the day
- Experience performing custodial tasks in a commercial setting requiring specific cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Experience supervising students and/or part-time employees
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Must be punctual, dependable and follow departmental policies
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license at all times
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application which includes providing three professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
- Medical, dental and vision health plans
- Retirement plan
- Earned leave plan – vacation and sick
- Parental leave plan
- Term life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$32,240 ($15.50/hour) base salary (with paid overtime).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.