The position is responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable for the Veterinary Health Center. This position will evaluate client accounts, accept payments, reconcile cash drawers and receipts and assist the client with any account needs necessary. This position will also work directly with the business manager to resolve any client queries or problematic situations that may arise, including but not limited to non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities.
This position has the possibility to be part or full-time, but the hours worked will be during the evening and weekend shifts.
Cashier Duties and Client Care for VHC-
• Evaluate patient account to ensure all transactions have posted to the account
• Accept payments (cash/credit card/check/CareCredit) from client
• Calculate and return change when required by the payment method
• Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change as needed
• Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts at required points and end of shift
• Review/Correct the DYPY (Daily Payment Report) report at required points
• Communicate with clients via face to face/phone/email while acting with sensitivity and understanding because clients are often facing unplanned medical expenses and/or the death of a pet
• Answer client questions, explain policies and available payment options using administrative knowledge
• Work with manager on client payment problems and/or credit issues as needed
• Work as a member of the A/R team
to ensure accuracy and meet goals.
• Monitor client account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
• Research and resolve client queries when needed
• Track and work with the Business Manager resolving outstanding payment issues with hospital clients
• Follow up on collection and allocation of payments
• Collaborate with the Business Manager in resolution of problematic situations with client financial issues
• Follow established procedures for processing receipts and collections activity
• When needed assist with monthly generation of client invoices and statements, distribution of monthly invoices and review sorted statements checking for billing errors
• When needed call/communicate with clients that have past due balances at 30/60 days and document communication, and other duties as assigned.