Laboratory Administrator (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 502800
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research/Scientific/Grants, Veterinary Medicine
|General Description of Position:
||The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is seeking applicants for a Laboratory Administrator. This position will provide service to clients using the PCR-based assays offered in Molecular service laboratory; assist the laboratory director in day to day management of various laboratory activities and quality assurance including controls trend tracking, staff training activities, students supervision and training, SOP writing and scheduling annual reviews, assist with annual calibrations and equipment maintenance, inventory check and ordering reagents, assisting with research and validation activities. In addition, this position is expected to create and implement plans and guidelines, and work with other staff personnel to ensure laboratory compliance with department, university, state and federal and AAVLD guidelines. Provide support to other technical staff members and manage team relationships to ensure great work efficiency and meet lab turnaround time.
|Diversity and Inclusion:
||Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
||- Provide service for PCR best test offers in Molecular Service laboratory; oversee and manage QA/QC aspects of lab including management of CARs. Schedule calibrations and equipment maintenance in a timely manner.
- Monitor TAT, assign responsibilities to other staff personnel to manage the work load in the laboratory; supervise student helpers and participate in student training.
- Drafting SOPs, work instructions, and work sheets where needed; Monitor daily sample logs, regents inventory controls used for the testing. Trend tracking of controls and monitoring analyst performance based on control trends and test repeats and assist lab director with staff training needs.
- Represent Laboratory for QA meetings, management reviews and any other Departmental meetings related to Lab activities. Pass summary of the information to other staff members.
- Assist in research and validating activities as directed by the Service laboratory director.
|Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- One to three years of relevant experience
||Knowledge and experience with PCR assays, trouble shooting, and various quality controls used at different steps of PCR based testing.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
|Screening of Applications Begins:
||Screening begins immediately
|Salary Range / Pay Rate:
||$ 16.38 - $ 27.85 per hour
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
|Background Screening Statement:
||In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend